Balanced Readers Bundle
Every Balanced Reader story includes 4 days of phonics, vocabulary, comprehension, and word work practice!Enroll in Resource
I am very excited to bring you this GROWING Bundle of Balanced Readers!
What are Balanced Readers?
- Balanced Readers are short stories focused on a specific phonics or spelling patterns.
- They are a combination of decodable and predictable readers that help bring a balanced approach to reading.
Who will Benefit From Balanced Readers?
- Students in upper elementary, middle school, or even high school who need phonics practice without working with resources that are too babyish.
- Lower elementary students who are working to master phonics skills.
- English language learners of all grade levels.
- Students with dyslexia who need intentional repeated practice on specific phonics skills.
What is Included in the Magic -e Set?
- 20 passages focused on specific magic –e spelling patterns..
- Google Drive digital version
- Dyslexic-friendly font (arial)
- 20 comprehension Pages (multiple choice and open-ended)
- 20 word work practice pages (complete the sentence, Create the sentence)
- 20 suffixes practice pages (learn how words change when common endings are added)
Every Balanced Reader story includes 4 days of phonics, vocabulary, comprehension, and word work practice!
Each story includes beautiful custom artwork, created exclusively for Out of This World Literacy by Malaya Bengel Art
SETS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE:
- Magic -e
- Long Vowel Pairs
- Short Vowels
SETS COMING SOON:
Over the course of the next several months I'll be releasing these sets:
- Vowel Digraphs
- Vowel Diphthongs
- R-controlled Vowels
- Consonant Digraphs
- Consonant Blends
- Special Consonant Patterns
There is NO EXTRA CHARGE for all future sets added to this bundle!
How Balanced Readers Were Born:
My son Jonah is in 5th grade and dyslexic. He struggles with reading and I was about to pull my hair out after going over the silent e rule for the 1,002 time in the past 3 years.
I started thinking about decodable readers. Then I did a TON of research on both decodable and predictable readers.
I wanted to create something that is a balance between having intentional, repeated, phonics practice AND a whole language approach, where students study illustrations and vocabulary within the context of a story to help solve new words.
It's also very important to me to create work that helps students (especially those who struggle) develop reading confidence and a love of reading.
From this, I created the new Balanced Readers!
Copyright © 2020 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
4 Days of Work for Each Story!
Ideas for Teaching Instruction...