This is an exciting daily reading practice resource that supports:
• Learning about diversity
• Growth Mindset skills that build empathy
• Daily reading comprehension practice
• Differentiated learning
Download the free preview to see all the comprehension skills covered!
10 MONTHS OF DAILY READING MORNING WORK!
Ideas for Using the Daily Comprehension Practice
• Use them as bell work at the beginning of the school day.
• Use them as a warm-up to reading during your reading workshop.
• Use them as ‘exit slips’ at the end of the school day or reading workshop.
• Place them in a literacy center for comprehension.
• Use them in guided reading as a quick warm-up to the lesson.
• Send them home for extra practice and support!
• Have students work in partners or small groups to complete the daily work.
• Use them for tutoring.
• And any other way you see this working for your unique schedule and student needs!
• This resource is designed for your students to receive just a few minutes a day of extra practice with key comprehension skills they need to be successful, independent readers and thinkers.
• These quick daily practice pages are perfect for ensuring that what you are teaching and modeling in class about reading is sticking with your kids!
• Through these daily practice pages, you can ensure students are spending time thinking about their reading and practicing these very important skills!
Each Half Page of Practice Includes:
• An ‘I Can’ statement with a helpful reading comprehension reminder.
• An original story for each week. Stories are broken into 5 sections, so that students read a different part of the story each day of the week.
• A custom illustration to match each day.
• A challenge activity.
• A ‘Pro Tip’ for students to think deeper about the comprehension focus
• Two multiple choice questions about the passage that are related to the mini lesson focus statement.
• One open-ended question about the comprehension skill.
*** There are 20 days of practice for grade 1 included in each set, enough for an entire month!
Download the free preview to see more!
Copyright © 2018 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
Jen is a Literacy Collaborative Coordinator and Curriculum Writer with with over 13 years experience in education. She provides professional development for teachers around the world, offering free webinars, complete online courses, school and district trainings, and free Facebook Live trainings.