This is an exciting daily reading practice resource that supports:
• Learning about diversity
• Growth Mindset skills that build empathy
• Daily reading comprehension practice
• Differentiated learning
Download the free preview to see all the comprehension skills covered!.
Ideas for Using the Daily Comprehension Practice:
• Use them as bell work at the beginning of the school day.
• Use them as a warm-up to reading during your reading workshop.
• Use them as ‘exit slips’ at the end of the school day or reading workshop.
• Place them in a literacy center for comprehension.
• Use them in guided reading as a quick warm-up to the lesson.
• Send them home for extra practice and support!
• Have students work in partners or small groups to complete the daily work.
• Use them for tutoring.
• And any other way you see this working for your unique schedule and student needs!
• This resource is designed for your students to receive just a few minutes a day of extra practice with key comprehension skills they need to be successful, independent readers and thinkers.
• These quick daily practice pages are perfect for ensuring that what you are teaching and modeling in class about reading is sticking with your kids!
• Through these daily practice pages, you can ensure students are spending time thinking about their reading and practicing these very important skills!
Each Half Page of Practice Includes:
• An ‘I Can’ statement with a helpful reading comprehension reminder.
• An original story for each week. Stories are broken into 5 sections, so that students read a different part of the story each day of the week.
• A custom illustration to match each day.
• A challenge activity.
• A ‘Pro Tip’ for students to think deeper about the comprehension focus
• Two multiple choice questions about the passage that are related to the mini lesson focus statement.
• One open-ended question about the comprehension skill.
*** There are 20 days of practice for grade 4-5 included in each set, enough for an entire month!
Download the free preview to see more!
Copyright © 2018 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.