Inspired Writer Bundle
Seamlessly bridge the reading and writing connection!
There is power in the reading and writing connection. Writing magic happens when students can immediately transfer what they notice while reading into their own writing work!
These Inspired Writer activities are designed to seamlessly bridge the reading and writing connection so that young students can grow to become amazing, inspired writers!
EVERYTHING IS ON ONE PAGE!
It's so simple to apply the learning. Simply have students follow these 3 steps:
- Read and think like a writer.
- Reflect of good writing.
- Try writing on your own.
Included in this Inspired Writers Set:
- 10 stories with custom illustrations for practicing building characters in writing.
- Draft writing paper.
- Custom Illustrations from Three Birds Art. IG: Threebirds_art
- Google Classroom Digital Version.
Ideas for Use:
- As mentor texts during a whole group lesson in reading and writing!
- In a small guided writing group.
- In a writing center.
- As independent writing practice.
- As a homework review.
- At the start of a writing unit to practice developing characters.
Each story includes beautiful custom artwork, created exclusively for Out of This World Literacy by Three Birds Art. IG: Threebirds_art
Copyright © 2020 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
Jen is a Literacy Collaborative Coordinator and Curriculum Writer with with over 13 years experience in education. She provides professional development for teachers around the world, offering free webinars, complete online courses, school and district trainings, and free Facebook Live trainings.