The 9 Day Guided Reading Challenge
Discover EVERYTHING You Need to Know About Guided Reading in Just 9 Days!
Welcome to the challenge!
I am SO EXCITED you are here and ready to devote 10 minutes a day for the next 9 days to MASTER Guided Reading!
It's going to be amazing!!
Let's start things off with a little quiz!
1. Do you teach guided reading? yes no
2. Do you work with struggling or advanced readers?yes no
3. Are you wondering what's the BEST guided reading framework to follow? yes no
4. Do you struggle keeping up with all the planning for guided reading? yes no
5. Do you wonder what the other students should be doing during a guided reading lesson? yes no
6. Do you wish you had a smooth, easy-to-follow and manage system in place for guided reading? Yes No
If you answered YES! to any of these questions...then this challenge is for YOU!
Each Day Includes:
1. A short live video from Jen explaining each challenge for the day.
2. A printable freebie to support what's explained in each day of the challenge.
4. A daily checklist for you to mark off each task.
By the End of This Challenge You WILL:
1. Understand all 6 steps and be ready to teach guided reading.
2. Have a game-plan for managing all your groups.
3. Quickly be able to plan for each guided reading group.
4. Feel more confident in teaching guided reading!
If you are looking for ideas on how to best implement guided reading into your classroom, then this challenge is for you!
Use this challenge, your expertise, and what you know about how your students learn best to teach guided reading.
If you are still unsure of a few things, just go for it! If the lesson isn’t a winner, you can always try again.The important thing to remember is to trust your judgment and try it out. The BEST teaching occurs when we listen to our gut, teach while always informally assessing our students, and reflect on lessons to tweak for future instruction.
I hope you find this challenge helpful and encouraging as you teach reading interventions
LEAVE DAY 9 OF THE CHALLENGE FEELING...
All MY Best!
Out of This World Literacy
Jen is a Literacy Collaborative Coordinator and Curriculum Writer with with over 13 years experience in education. She provides professional development for teachers around the world, offering free webinars, complete online courses, school and district trainings, and free Facebook Live trainings.