Welcome to the challenge!
I am SO EXCITED you are here and ready to devote 10 minutes a day for the next 7 days! It's going to be amazing!!
Let's start things off with a little quiz!
1. Do you teach reading in grades 2-6? yes no
2. Do you teach a reading skill to your class one day, and they totally forget it the next day? yes no
3. Do you struggle seeing students transition what they learned in a lesson to their own independent work? yes no
4. Have you wondered if there is a better system to get kids mastering reading skills? yes no
If you answered YES! to any of these questions...then this challenge is for YOU!
Each Day Includes:
1. A short live video from Jen explaining each challenge for the day.
2. A printable outline of each daily challenge for you to take notes.
3. A completed sample of each daily challenge.
4. A daily checklist for you to mark off each task.
By the End of This Challenge You WILL:
1. have a clear, step-by-step plan for writing reading mini lessons.
2. know exactly what to include on your class anchor charts.
3. have tons of tricks to keep your mini lessons 'mini' and to the point.
4. feel more confident in teaching reading skills to mastery!
If you are tired of seeing your students forget all their learning from one day to the next and would like to learn how you can teach skills to mastery, follow this simple 7 day challenge to create and teach your students as you teach to mastery!
Remember, there is no one right way to teach and that every student will require different strategies.You are the expert in the room!
Use this challenge, your expertise, and what you know about how your students learn best to teach to mastery.
If you are still unsure of a few things, just go for it! If the lesson isn’t a winner, you can always try again.The important thing to remember is to trust your judgment and try it out. The BEST teaching occurs when we listen to our gut, teach while always informally assessing our students, and reflect on lessons to tweak for future instruction.
I hope you find this challenge helpful and encouraging as you teach comprehension skills to mastery, and
LEAVE DAY 7 OF THE CHALLENGE FEELING...
All MY Best!
Out of This World Literacy